Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Makeup Look of the Day: Raquel Welch


She was the bombshell of the early Seventies.  The cat eyes, nude lips, and voluminous hair were all trademarks of Raquel Welch's in-your-face, va-va-voom sex appeal.  Here, I've done a modern version on myself...
Raquel Welch
SKIN
I used a slightly darker foundation than I normally wear to give myself a more medium complexion...then I layered two different bronzers-- the first was a Wet & Wild matte coverage bronzer, and the second is my favorite bronzer made by The Body Shop that has an illuminating effect for that 'on vacation glow'.  Lastly, I used a brown toned blush on the apples of the cheeks.

EYES
Any kind of earthy tone shadows work well for this look.  I used two together-- a bronzy gold and a shimmery gray.  Then to get the cat eye look I used a Fabuliner which is an eyeliner that reminds me of a felt pen and drew an upward/outward wing.  I used a black pencil liner on the bottom rims and gray liner on the waterline.  Mascara was the final touch.  A voluminous mascara works best for this look.

LIPS
A very important part of this look, I used a super inexpensive lipstick from a 5 and Dime store by a brand called L.A. Colors in a color called Nude ($1!).  Then I applied a clear gloss for depth and followed up with another coat of lipstick. The lip/eye contrast is really stunning and fun to wear. Heads will turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment