Friday, December 17, 2010

Makeup Look of the Day: Shimmer

American model Jaime Rishar

This is a fun look for day or night.  Since the colors being used aren't too dark, it's safe enough to wear during the day (probably best reserved for the weekend) and of course it's great as an evening look too, especially around this time of year.  The eyeshadow can be a little tricky to master because it should be applied as a circle around the entire eye, but don't worry too much about it looking a little messy-- that's kind of the point.

If I were to create this look again, I would go heavier on the eyeliner (top lid only).
final result



Products I used:

I didn't have a liquid highlighting lotion to make my skin look dewy, so I ended up using The Body Shop Body & Leg Shine which comes in what looks like a deodorant tube.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works on the face.

*Stila concealer
* Sonia Kashuk creme blush in blossom (liquid blush would be best)
* L'Bel Paris Defini eyeliner in Cappuccino
* Avon cream eyeshadow duo in Jillian's Pick (this shade was named for Patrick Dempsey's wife, Jillian Dempsey.  She's a professional makeup artist now associated with Avon)
* L'Oreal Paris Voluminous mascara in black
*Styli-Style lip liner in Satin Rose
* Esika lipstick in Rosado Chrome (I used this instead of a gloss since it's way more shimmery than any gloss I own)





No comments:

Post a Comment