Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Makeup Look of the Day: Neutral

This look is all about playing up your features in the most subtle way. It's one step up from the previous look, as far as intensity.  Kevyn did this look on Naomi Campbell, who looks absolutely stunning....my skin tone is a million shades lighter than hers, so I tried my best to adapt this look to my skin and features as best as possible....



the final result

Here is what I used to re-create the Neutral look on myself:

*L'Bel Paris Enlightening Effect foundation in Porcelain (go with a half to one shade darker than your usual shade to add warmth)
*Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent (loose powder would actually be ideal)
*Avon Complexion Enhancer in Apri-glow (used in lieu of apricot powder blush)
*Ultima II eye shadows in almond cocoa and angora. (these were my Mom's from the '80s. Eye shadow, as long as it's pressed or loose powder, is a product that usually doesn't go bad. Unfortunately Ultima II is not sold in North America anymore, so I feel lucky to have these)
*Tweezerman eyelash curler (always always always)
*Lancome Definicils Pro mascara in deep brown
*L'Bel Paris Delinesse lip pencil in caramel
*Avon Beyond Color exfoliation kit in warm (this is a quad compact for lips containing an exfoliator and 3 lip shades. I chose the lightest)
*Tutti Dolci lip gloss in Sugar Wafer (really nice clear gloss that lasts longer than your average gloss-- highly recommended if you're a lip gloss junkie)


I'm not entirely satisfied with the look of the lips...I should have made a more distinct outline with the lip pencil, as you can see on Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment