Friday, December 31, 2010

Makeup Look of the Day: The Innocent

Tori Amos





















The Innocent has been one of my favorites so far because it's a look that I would wear myself.  It should have a whimsical and ethereal vibe, reminding you of a Botticelli portrait.   The makeup is really soft and plays with light and natural looking shadows, like an oil painting come to life.  This look requires a shimmery liquid foundation, pink creme blush, white iridescent eye shadow, brown cream shadow, black mascara, flesh-toned lip pencil and a dab of clear lip gloss.

Botticelli's Venus

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT
I think the stand-out item in this look would have to be this Baked-to-Last Bronzer in Golden Bronze from the Body Shop, ($21).  Not only does this product illuminate your skin beautifully, but it's actually good for your skin too-- it contains organic olive oil from southern Italy which conditions the skin.  This look doesn't actually call for a bronzer but since I didn't have a shimmery foundation, I figured that a little bit of this bronzer over my liquid foundation would give off an almost identical effect.  I think it worked out pretty well!





No comments:

Post a Comment